Grilled recipes are tasty, healthy, and flavorful and everyone is crazy about grilled foods in a family meal. You can never think of a party or any type of gathering without grilled recipes. But it is often tricky to determine what grill to buy whether charcoal or propane or an electric grill and with what features.
What Features to Ensure while Buying an Electric Grill?
- An outdoor/indoor grill can meet your dual purposes.
- Look for durable materials especially non-stick coating for easy cleaning.
- Consider the size, shape, and ease of cooking.
- Check if the grill comes with the latest technologies like infrared heating, adjustable temperature, etc.
- Ensure removable plate and drip tray system.
Read: How to Clean an Electric Grill?
Frequently Asked Questions
Which grill is the best, exclusively indoor or outdoor or dual indoor/outdoor?
Choosing an outdoor/indoor electric grill is beyond doubt better but consider the features which are important, and your budget.
What is the most important disadvantage of an electric grill?
Many people say many things about the disadvantages of electric grills as per their preferences like taste, flavor, grill marks, etc. But one of the potential disadvantages of the outdoor electric grill is the availability of electric energy outdoors and an appropriate outlet to connect the grill.
Also Check: Best Budget Electric Grills Under $200
Best Electric Grills Under $300
#1. Weber Gray 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
The gray-colored 52020001 Q1400 electric grill from Weber is for outdoor use only and is an affordable appliance for anybody interested in grilling. The appliance is under $300 but almost equivalent to any other product from reputed brands of grills in terms of features and ease of use. The grill is made of aluminum and cast-iron is used to make the body and lid of the product. Besides this, the cooking grate of the grill is made of cast-iron and enameled with porcelain.
You need not take the pain of assembling the grill as it comes fully pre assembled from the manufacturer. The total cooking surface of the grill is 189-square inches enough for cooking several recipes for a large group of people. The grill operates with 1500-watt electric energy and generates instant temperature without the need for heating the grill for a long time to cook.
The brand has used an infinite temperature control system in the Weber Q1400 model to cook the recipes in perfect heat as per the requirement. The product comes with a glass-reinforced nylon frame as well as aluminum liners for further heat retention.
In fact, one of the former products Q140 from the Weber has been remodeled and restyled with enhanced features and launched in the market by Weber as Q1400. This product has been incorporated with new and advanced technology to suit the emerging needs of the customers and meet the outdoor cooking needs of the people. If you are crazy about getting out of your compact kitchen and enjoying an outdoor meal with your family or friends, the Q1400 is the best grill for you.
- Large surface with 189-square inches and comes with a long 6-foot grounded cord.
- Removable catch pan and aluminum liners to retain heat.
- The grill is convenient to hold and move with a large grip handle and ergonomic side handles.
- Comes with rear and front cradles.
- Compact, portable, and space-saving.
- The manufacturer cautions the users of probable chemicals especially the nickel in the grill.
- It may be embarrassing to replace and install a damaged part.
Check out: Best Outdoor Electric Grills
#2. George Foreman GGR50B Electric Grill
This silver-colored GGR50B indoor outdoor electric grill from George Foreman is made of metal and can cook up to 15 servings at a time. Eventually, this grill is designed to meet the demand for cooking several items enough for a large gathering. If you frequently arrange parties or get together with family or friends both indoors and outdoor, this appliance is the right thing for your growing demand for cooking massive foods.
The grill is coated with George tough nonstick coating which is a usual coating for all their products. The George tough nonstick coating not only makes your cleaning easier but also helps the appliance last longer.
Another George Foreman-specific feature of the grill is its adjustable temperature control system. This temperature control system has five heat-setting mechanisms to cook different recipes in different heat as per their thickness and need for heat. You can adjust the heat setting with the highest temperature for cooking food and go for the lowest setting to keep the food warm.
The product comes with a stand to use for outdoor use. You can fix the stand to the grill while removing it from your countertop for patio or balcony use. Removing and fixing the stand in the grill is very easy, simple, and takes hardly a few seconds.
Similarly, the grill plate and panini of the GGR50B grill heat 35% faster in comparison to other brands and cook the meal instantly with perfect taste and flavor. The plate is also removable and dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning of the grill. Get this unique grill if you are a couple and wish to enjoy the pleasure of eating delicious veggie, meat, kabob, etc., or wish to use it for patio parties or family gatherings to cook a whole chicken or large roast.
- Removable, George tough nonstick coated, and dishwasher-safe grill plate and drip tray for easy cleaning and durability.
- You can use it on the stand or can keep it on the pedestal as it stands 2 and a half feet high from the ground on its own.
- The grill heats instantly within 2 to 3 minutes, so need not wait a long time for heating the grill and cooking.
- The grill cooks evenly and thoroughly and keeps the food juicy and moist.
- Though the grill is sturdy on the pedestal, the manufacturer still cautions you to take care when you are cooking in a high-traffic area or with children nearby due to its being top-heavy.
- The manufacturer further warns of steam, spattering, and other side effects while cooking indoors.
- You may wish the cord a bit longer and so might like to use an extension cord.
This Grill also features in our list of Best Electric Grills for Camping.
#3. Cuisinart CEG980 Outdoor Electric Grill
The CEG980 exclusively outdoor electric grill from the Cuisinart brand is made of painted steel and can cook massive foods like around 10 chicken breasts, 8 steaks, 8 burgers, and 4 pounds of fish at one go. Eventually, this unique silver-colored appliance is designed to meet your entire cooking needs for all types of large gatherings outdoors. At the same time, it is also most suitable for moving the grill from one place to another due to its compact size.
The grill has an enormously large cooking space with 145-square inches of grilling area. Similarly, the grill is powerful enough with a 5120 BTU burner and 1500-watt electric energy. You can plug the grill into any standard outlet wherever you go. This is the reason the appliance is getting enormous popularity because one of the greatest problems in outdoor grilling is searching for appropriate outlets.
The Cuisinart CEG980 outdoor grill is trending due to its durability and its easy portability. Setting up its stand and packing it back for moving elsewhere is super easy with this appliance as it takes hardly a few seconds to unpack and set as well as dismantle and pack. Eventually, the grill is best for camping and any sort of outdoor cooking.
- Lightweight and weighs only 17 pounds with a super-easy portability feature.
- Packs enormously because of its suitcase-shaped pack.
- Attractive telescopic 3-leg stand easy and quick to assemble and dismantle.
- The grill grate is porcelain-enameled coated.
- The outlets where you plug in the grill may trip the breaker.
- The controller may have problems.
#4. T-fal OptiGrill XL GC722D53 Indoor Electric Grill
This stainless steel indoor electric grill from T-fal brand is incorporated with automatic sensor cooking technology for even and instant cooking. Eventually, the OptiGrill quickly detects the number and quantity of food items placed for cooking on the grill. Then it automatically adjusts the heat setting for evenly cooking the items. You can effectively monitor the process of cooking through the beep and indicator light mechanism, especially in the cases of high-precision cooking.
This smart technology makes the grill unique to cook various recipes perfectly such as poultry, pork, meat, fish, burger, sausage, sandwiches, etc. There are two simultaneous cooking modes in the grill (1) frozen mode for cooking frozen items, and (2) manual mode for cooking any type of food. Similarly, you can also use the rare, medium, and well-done settings to cook various recipes, especially red meat.
- 9 automatic programs to cook 9 different foods namely poultry, pork, bacon, red meat, fish, shellfish, sausage, sandwiches, and burgers.
- Ready to cook or preheating indicator light.
- 4 temperature settings in manual mode.
- Ergonomic control handle.
- You may have a problem while changing from manual mode to automatic mode as the grill starts with automatic mode and changes to manual on its own.
You can find hundreds and a variety of electric grills in the market with different features and technologies. But the affordability within your budget is the most important thing when buying an electric grill. It is potentially tricky to choose an appropriate grill within budget and with all the necessary features and components. Choose the right grill from the above affordable ranges and cook your favorite dishes for your meal.