Electric grills irrespective of indoor and outdoor models are usually portable, easy to assemble and clean, and above all user-friendly. Electric grills are also more popular than their counterparts like charcoal and gas grills for many reasons.
Above all, since electric grills are compact and do not require much space to set up, they tend to be the first choice of people. However, if you do not have enough space in your kitchen or are crazy about grilled and griddled recipes an outdoor electric grill is perfect for you, especially for your patio meal.
Similarly, if you have a comparatively smaller house and you have an upcoming birthday party an outdoor electric grill is the perfect solution. Any outdoor electric grill from almost all brands like George Foreman, Grundig, Cuisinart, Coleman, Weber, Char-Broil, etc. can cook adequate recipes enough for a gathering.
Eventually, many people still complain about their outdoor electric grill which embarrasses them a lot. There are two reasons behind these frustrations, (1st) often people do not properly plan and determine what exactly they need and do not buy a wrong and unnecessary appliance that does not serve their purposes. Secondly, defective from the side of the manufacturer.
Therefore, plan concretely and determine what exactly you need, and buy an appropriate outdoor electric grill that perfectly serves your purposes.
What to Check While Buying an Outdoor Electric Grill?
Check the following things before buying an outdoor electric grill:
- Look for a perfect design that fits your outdoor grilling.
- Check with the material and ensure it is durable.
- Ensure the wattage as per your requirement.
- See whether essential features are incorporated like adjustable temperature control, heat indicator, removable tray, plates, etc.
Must Read: How to Use an Electric Grill?
Frequently Asked Questions
Are outdoor electric grills safer to use?
Outdoor electric grills are safer than charcoal and propane grills.
Do electric grills cook flavorful food?
While gas and charcoal grills can give a smoky taste that you won’t get from an electric grill, electric grills can have their own flavors.
Check out: Best Electric Grills in the Market
Best Outdoor Electric Grills for Patio
#1. George Foreman GGR50B Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman GGR50B model of the outdoor and indoor electric grill is a metal grill that can serve up to 15 servings. The grill can effectively cook outdoor as well as indoor meals. The manufacturer of this product assures that the grill is designed with a large cooking surface of 240 square inches for 12 servings but can serve up to 15 servings at a time.
The grill is made of George tough nonstick coating for easy cleaning, durability, and removing the requirement of oil and butter. You can use the stand when you cook outside and remove it when you wish to use the grill in the kitchen. The removable stand is further easy and faster to fix or remove so serves perfectly from the patio to your countertop.
This GGR50B model has an adjustable temperature control system with 5 heat setting features. You can choose one of the 5 settings as per the need based on the recipe you are cooking. For example, if you are cooking something that needs more temperature then you can set the highest heat, and for lower temperature set the low heat setting. The product comes with a user manual for hassle-free cooking of various types of grilled recipes.
- Perfectly sloppy channel to remove fat and grease easily and faster into the drip tray.
- Removable plate and drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Panini and plate heat 35% faster in comparison to other grills and heats up within 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5 adjustable heat settings from low just to keep the food warm and highest for searing steak and other such recipes.
- Easy to cook a whole chicken and large roasts with its vented and high domed lid that creates a flow of circular hot air for even cooking.
- You need to pay special attention, especially while grilling in high-traffic areas or with kids around as the grill is a bit top-heavy.
- It may not fit into the sink while cleaning due to its circular shape.
- The cord may not satisfy you for its shorter length and you may need an extension cord.
Check out: Best Electric Grills for Camping
#2. George Foreman GFO240S Outdoor Electric Grill
This sleek and stylish silver color outdoor electric grill can also serve your purpose of indoor cooking when you do not wish to use it for the patio. However, this product is specially designed to meet your outdoor party and gathering needs of foods and different recipes. You can cook as many as 15 or even more servings at a time on the GFO240S grill.
Every recipe needs a specific temperature to retain its flavor and juice and if you fail to provide the required heat you may miss the taste of the recipe. The manufacturer has taken note of this and provided an adjustable temperature control system with a 5-heat setting mechanism. You can choose the appropriate temperature from the five heat (lowest to highest) mechanisms and cook your food without losing its flavor and juice.
The grilling surface of this product is made adequately sloppy for easy removal of extra fat and grease through the channel into the drip tray. Eventually, this feature of the grill removes 42% of extra fat and grease and makes the recipe tastier and healthier. Besides this, the drip tray is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
Use this unique outdoor grill for your patio party or backyard barbecue and cook your favorite chicken, burgers, desserts, appetizers, and any other recipe you like to feed your guests or friends, or family members. However, you can also take out the removable stand and use it on your countertop anytime you wish.
- The product comes with a simple plugin temperature setting system that is easy to use.
- The non-stick surface of the grill is easy to clean with simple wiping and is durable.
- The sliding removable stand of the appliance makes it easy to change it from countertop to patio.
- You may have to pay special attention while cooking a steak to appropriately control the temperature for appropriate cooking the steak.
Must Read: How to Clean an Electric Grill?
#3. Cuisinart VersaStand CEG980 Outdoor Electric Grill
This exclusive outdoor grill is just fit for your patio with a uniquely compact size but large enough to cook around 10 chicken breasts, 4 pounds of fish, 8 burgers, and 8 sticks at a time. This means you can cook enough food for a large gathering with just one go of the grill. The appliance is also easily portable with a suitcase-shaped size with a handle and just weighing 17 pounds.
The CEG980 model of Cuisinart outdoor electric grill has a large cooking area of 145-square inches of grilling space and a three-legged telescopic stand. Besides these features, the grill is powerful enough with 1500-watts operational energy with a 5120 BTU burner and plugs into any normal outlet. You can pack or unpack the grill easily within seconds. So, there is no hassle for taking this appliance anywhere you like and setting up the grill for your gathering, and then pack it again and bring it back home after your party.
The grate of the grill is porcelain-enameled for easy cleaning and perfect for outdoor use, especially for campers, condos, decks, RVs, and even apartments and small homes. You can also comfortably use the grill for your patio or balcony family meal where charcoal and gas grills are restricted.
- The telescopic legs of the grill fold themselves smoothly beneath the grill for easy portability.
- You can comfortably store the packed grill in a drawer or in your cabinet due to its unique suitcase-shaped size.
- Ease of simultaneous cooking of various foods such as vegetables, chicken, steaks, burgers, etc. at a time.
- Comes with a handle to carry the grill conveniently to any place.
- Very quick heating and reaches high temperature faster.
- Connecting to an outlet may be tricky as many users find various issues.
- Cleaning may be tricky if you do not have screwdrivers as the wing nuts (as described in the instruction) are bigger enough than the sizes of the screws.
#4. George Foreman GFO3320GM Outdoor Electric Grill
The GFO3320GM outdoor/indoor electric grill from George Foreman is made of ceramic and can perfectly serve your outdoor as well as indoor purposes. The gunmetal color of this product can match your kitchen enormously and give a sleek look. The appliance can cook for the entire people in your outdoor gathering with its 15 servings at a time. In addition, the grill comes with an adjustable temperature control system with a 5-heating mechanism. You can cook easy cooking foods with minimum temperature and lowest heating mechanism and give the highest temperature and heating mechanisms to grill thick pieces of meat.
The non-stick component of the grill is made of premium ceramic coating that is super easy to clean and durable. Eventually, the product is PFOA and PTFE and stain and fade resistant. The sloppy surface of the appliance removes up to 42% of fat and makes the meat lean, tasty, and healthy. Similarly, the drip tray effectively collects fat and grease.
The removable stand of the grill makes it easier to convert it from an outdoor grill to an indoor grill and easily and comfortably transports the appliance from the patio to the countertop. You can use it hassle-free for the patio or for any other indoor use for indoor parties without worries for the apartment owners or neighbors.
- Comes with a temperature gauge for reading the heat accurately.
- Easy remove and setup adjustable stand.
- Removes 42% fat from one-fourth pound of raw ground chuck.
- 240-square inches of circular grill plate large enough to cook a lot of foods at a time.
- Ceramic coated grill plates for easy cleaning and durability.
- Take care of the stand as it wobbles often.
- The lid may not lean backward while checking the cooking process, you need to completely remove it.
#5. George Foreman GFO201R Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman GFO201R outdoor indoor grill can serve more than 12 servings at a time and can cook for a large gathering in an outdoor or patio party. Like other George Foreman models, it has an adjustable temperature control system with a 5-heat setting mechanism to cook various recipes in an appropriate heat as per the requirement. The product comes with a feature of a temperature indicator light to monitor the cooking process.
The appliance is coated with a tough non-stick coating for durability and easy cleaning. Similarly, the fat-removing slope of the grilling surface can remove 42% of fat from the meat and make it lean, healthy, and tasty. The drip tray of the grill is dishwasher-safe and conveniently collects all extra fat and grease. As it serves double purposes of outdoor as well as indoor cooking, the removable stand of the grill easily and comfortably moves from patio to countertop.
- Non-stick and removable plate and drip tray for easy cleaning and durability.
- Not-stick surface needs just wiping for cleaning and is thus durable.
- Good for large outdoor gathering
- It may wobble.
#6. Techwood Outdoor Electric BBQ Grill
This product is from the Techwood brand and is made of cast iron and is a compact appliance that can be easily transported from one place to another. Its compact size also makes it useful for patios and small balconies along with kitchens. On the other hand, the 240-square inches of a large cooking rack of the grill cook as many as 15 or more servings at a time. Eventually, the grill heats up quickly and starts cooking enormously for a large gathering within a short period both outdoor and indoor conveniently.
The grill comes with an adjustable temperature control system with 5 heating settings to cook different recipes in different heat as per their requirements. Besides this, you can use its venting system to keep the steaks juicy and soft by dissipating the heat.
- Rotating venting system to keep the food soft and juicy.
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Warming grill that can be folded.
- Sometimes accumulates debris and grease at the bottom.
You can also check: List of Best Gas Grills in the Market
An outdoor family meal is always fun and has health benefits, especially for children. Children not only enjoy an outdoor meal or at least a patio or backyard meal but often go crazy about going far from home and enjoying the meal. Therefore, getting an outdoor grill is often considered inevitable for the sake of children which also serves various other purposes like parties, family and friends’ gatherings, etc.